“FULIGANA” is the notation on japanese characters that includes the Hiragana script next to the chinese character so the reader will be aware of the reading method.
If you want to write FULIGANA on Mac OS X, the fastest route is to download NeoOffice for Mac OS X, open a new document, and choose “Format” / “Asian phonetic guide…”.
In addition to NeoOffice, other Furigana support includes:
- Microsoft Word (though I’m not sure how to use it…)
- Egword – which has been discontinued as of Jan 2008
- Adobe Indesign – Japanese version
- LightWayText is rumored to be “worth trying”, though I haven’t yet…
- NOTE: iWork Pages does not support Furigana at this time
It would be great if I could use this editor… But it seems to no longer be available.